The 2017 Planned Giving and Trust Services (PGTS) , sponsored by the Northern Asia-Pacific Division (NSD), was conducted in the beautiful city of Hangzhou, China, from March 6 to 9, 2017. All treasurers and PGTS directors within the territory of the Northern Asia-Pacific Division participated in this event.
The purpose of this seminar was to provide an opportunity for all PGTS directors to learn from each other and to understand the philosophy of “Planned Giving and Trust Services” and the principles of stewardship. The general theme for the seminar was “Property Donation and Acceptance.” Two distinguished guest speakers from the General Conference (GC) and four speakers from the NSD were invited to share their insights and expertise on this professional and specialized area.
The following topics were presented by the two speakers from the GC, Elder Dennis R. Carlson, GC PGTS director, and Elder Gary W. Dodge, former GC PGTS director:
• Scripture Foundation of Planned Giving
• Our Property Is Not Our Own
• Property, Tangible, Intangible, and Real
• What Is Planned Gift? What Is not?
• Gift Acceptance Policy
• Some Gifts You Just Have to Say NO!
• Planned Giving: An Adventist Way to Plan
Other presentations were given by the four Division speakers, covering the following topics:
• Philosophy and Objectives, Forms of Ownership (by Pastor Kwon JohngHaeng, stewardship director)
• Basic Consideration on Property, Outright Gifts (by Elder German Lust, treasurer)
• Estate Planning, Real Estate (by Lyu Dong Jin, under-treasurer)
• The Legal Corporation, Office Procedures (by Stanley Ng, PGTS director)
The seminar served as a good platform for the PGTS directors to become more efficient facilitators for God and to equip them to serve our constituents and members so that they can provide tStanley Ng, NSD PGTS Director heir support toward completing the work on this earth.