Pastor Stanley Ng, Assistant to the President (China Affairs) of the Northern Asia-Pacific Division (NSD), is an ordained minister who began denominational work since 1976. He had served the Church as pastor, departmental director, Conference and Union secretary and Union President.
He finished his BA degree in Theology from Hong Kong Adventist College. Later he received Masters Degree in Pastoral Studies (MPS) at the Adventist International Institute of Advanced Studies (AIIAS), Philippines and Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from Andrews University, USA.
He had been working for the Lord as Executive Secretary of the NSD from 2000 till July 2005 prior to his current assignment as the Assistant to the President.
In addition to this, he was assigned other responsibilities such as coordinator and adviser for the Adventist Health Care Association (AHCA), Chinese Hope Channel coordinator, Internet Evangelism coordinator. He also serves as Director for the NSD Mission Strategy & Research Center.
Barbara Choi Associate Director
Dr. Barbara Choi has been served as Hong Kong Adventist School of Nursing director, Tsuen Wan Adventist Hospital president, chief health educator for the National Institute of Health Education of China, Director of collaborative program in China LLU, and health ministry director for the South China Island Union Mission.
She used to be a professor of Health, Chair of the Arts, Humanities and Health Division as well as the Nursing Program Coordinator of Hong Kong Adventist College.
She received her doctorate degree in Health Education from Loma Linda University.
Since August 2011, Dr. Barbara Choi moved from Hong Kong to Korea. She now serves as Health Ministry Director and Associate Director for the Mission Strategy & Research Center.
Jang Jin Jo Assistant Director
Pastor Jang Jin Jo, Assistant Director of Mission Strategy & Research Center (MSRC) of the Northern Asia-Pacific Division.
He is an ordained minister. He started his ministry in SDA Language Institute of Korea. He developed Chinese program, edited Chinese textbooks and recorded textbooks for SDA Language Institute of Korea. He also started a Chinese speaking church in SDA Language Institute of Korea.
In 2008, God called him to work in NSD. He and his wife Yoo, Jinjoo have two daughters, Eunhye and Eunji.
As the largest division in the world in terms of population and much of Non-Christian, we are facing big challenges, such as materialism, communism and unorganized territories.
China alone has over 1.3 billion people, and among this huge population only 3% are Christian, and the other 97% are Buddhist, Shinto, Muslim, Shaman, or Atheist.
The MSRC is designed to serve as the hub for mission in the Northern Asia-Pacific
Division. The purpose and functions of the center are:
- Establishment of Mission Strategy and implementation
- Collection of mission data
- Research into religious, ethnic and cultural background of each country
- Development of specific mission strategies based on research data
- Implementation of mission strategies
- Annual evaluation of mission activities
- Interfacing for mission in correlation with unions, conferences and missions in each territory
- Publishing Materials
- Publication of textbooks for pastoral/lay training
- Publication of materials for evangelism
- Annual development of materials for mission activities
- Leadership Training and Education
- Leadership training based on the published textbooks and materials
- Educating leaders from unorganized territories
- Planning and implementing scholarship for the future
- Monitoring the Extraordinary Project
- Supervision with coordination of extraordinary mission projects in China
- Annual Report on extraordinary mission projects
- Preparation and operating the extraordinary project committee
Telephone : 031)910-1529 | FAX : 031)919-4412
| E-mail :email@example.com