The Love of Jesus Christ and His greatest commission given to His people compelled Sungsub Song (Paul) to serve His Church in 2000. Prior to the services at the NSD, he had served in the Korean Union Conference as office assistant for the Communication/PARL/ADRA director. After moving to the NSD in 2001, he dedicated his life for 5 years as office assistant for the director of Communication, PARL, and Publishing Ministries. In 2006 a new duty was assigned to Song as Media Center Manager.
December 2011, the NSD Executive Committee appointed him as Assistant Secretary for the NSD Secretariat with start month February 2012. He majored in Business Administration at the University of Seoul in Korea. His wife, Hope Zhang is from the Mainland China and studying in D.Min. track with a dream for the mission to China. They have been blessed with a daughter and son, Hyun and Eun.
The mission of the General Conference Adventist Service office is to assist to the Church in the proclamation of the gospel to all peoples through the ministry of Advent volunteers, matching their talents, gifts, resources, and professional expertise with defined needs. It includes both the intra/interdivision programs.
Therefore the Northern Asia-Pacific Division AVS coordinatorservesfor following ministries. It is to:
- provide a necessary policy and administrative coordination of the GC and the requested organization with Union Conferences in NSD territories.
- serve as a prompt reply to volunteers and faithful processing for Div approval
- trainand monitor AVS coordinators in Unions and Conferences in NSD territories
- check the insurance of all volunteers from Interdivision or intradivsion
- serve as liaison with the General Conference and other
- promote AVS marketing in SDA colleges and universities in NSD territories
viachurch monthly magazine and authorized media channels of SDA organization.