Search

Home > Ministries > Pioneer Mission Movement
MinistriesdotPioneer Mission Movement

Kim, Si Young

Si-Young Kim, D.Min., began his pastoral ministry in 1979, as a local church pastor in South Korea. He also spent time as a chaplain at the Adventist Hospital in the port city of Busan.

 

Shortly after those modest origins, he became passionate about mobilizing youth for Jesus: first, by serving as the Youth Director for both the Mid-West Korean Conference and the Korean Union Conference, and later by serving as Director of the 1000 Missionary Movement in Silang, Philippines.

 

After his time abroad, Dr. Kim was called again to minister in his own country, and spent almost a decade as the Director of the SDA Language School system. Before his current posts as Director of Adventist Mission, and the Coordinator of the Pioneer Mission Movement (PMM), the North Korea Mission, Reach the World, English Churches, Mission Day and the Curator of Mission Museum in the Northern Asia-Pacific Division (NSD), Dr. Kim served as President of the Korean Publishing House.

 

Having such experiences in both missions and many other areas of ministry, Dr. Kim is humbled that the Lord has used him thus far.

 

Dr. Kim received his B.A. in Theology from Korea's Sahmyook University, and both his continuing degrees (M.P.S., D.Min.) from the Adventist International Institute of Advanced Studies (AIIAS) in the Philippines. He has two grown children with his loving wife, Myung-Sook, and fervently wishes to see not only his family, but all of God's children in heaven one day.

Ministry Description

About PMM
The Pioneer Mission Movement is a Global Mission Project of the Northern Asia-Pacific Division(NSD) for the purpose of new church planting in its territories. Its goal is to send 100 church pastors to other countries within the NSD territories for cross-cultural missionary work. These pastors will be sent to un-entered territories where no Seventh-day Adventist church exists. With pioneer spirit they will begin the work. Starting from scratch, they will share the gospel message with numerous people who are perishing in the world of darkness without the knowledge of Jesus Christ.

NSD is the largest Division in the world in terms of population as well as in the number of non-Christians. About 1.5 billion people, around one fourth of the World population, reside in the NSD territories. Among this huge population only 3% are Christians, and the other 97% are Buddhists, Shintoists, Muslims, Shamans, and Atheists. Challenges are everywhere in this area. The pioneer missionary pastors will gladly go to every nation, tribe, tongue and people as Golden Angels having the everlasting gospel message in their hands. By launching this project, the churches in the NSD territories will be taking a significant step toward the accomplishment of the gospel commission in the entire world.
Telephone : 031)910-1524 | FAX : 031)919-4412 | E-mail :KwonYoungSook@nsdadventist.org
NO SUBJECT FILE NAME DATE HIT
Search
  • start page
  •   
  • end page